Rocky Ford School
The first meeting for organizing a school at Rocky Ford School District was held in 1885 and in 1886 the first school building was constructed. The present stone Rocky Ford School building was constructed in 1903. A fire destroyed the interior of the building in 1927, but the school was re-built and served students until 1947. The Rocky Ford School was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Register of Historic Kansas Places in 2012. The Riley County Historical Society is currently working on its restoration.
Please contact the Riley County Historical Museum for a tour at (785) 565-6490.
Admission is free.