The Carnegie Library was built in 1904. Mary Cornelia Lee was the first librarian at the Manhattan Carnegie Library and served from 1904 to 1942. The name was changed to the Manhattan Public Library in 1943. A new library was built in 1967 and the old building used as an office space. It has since ben renovated and is used as county attorney and court services offices and is, once again, referred to as the Carnegie Building.
(Please click on images to enlarge)